Seat Belt Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyR0206

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a 2015 Yukon Denali over the weekend. The driver side seat belt has some light fraying on it. I've not seen this in a vehicle with only 43,000 miles on it. I have a 2011 Avalanche LTZ with four times that mileage and this hasn't happened. Anyway, how involved is it to replace a seat belt? Not that the fraying is that bad, but if it's something I can do myself for less than $100 I'll do it. Is it as simple as pulling off the B-pillar molding and unscrewing a few screws, or is there a lot more to it than that??

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember when I had my Grand National I had some fraying on the edge and I took a lighter and very carefully burned away the fraying and you could not even tell. I believe to remove you pry up the floor door trim and then remove two screws from the back side of the pillar(small plastic covers over screws) and then pry the pillar trim off which is held in place with several clips.

OP
OP
TonyR0206

TonyR0206

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I remember when I had my Grand National I had some fraying on the edge and I took a lighter and very carefully burned away the fraying and you could not even tell. I believe to remove you pry up the floor door trim and then remove two screws from the back side of the pillar(small plastic covers over screws) and then pry the pillar trim off which is held in place with several clips.

That is a great idea!! That never even crossed my mind. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01