Sea Foam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the benefits? Engine has 245k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
V

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OOPS, I think I posted in the wrong section. Apologies.

tlang

Reaction score
Ill throw in my thoughts. There are two main ways to use it, you can either put it into the tank or introduce it into the intake system via a vacuum line. Ill be the first to warn any one with a plastic intake, that adding any cleaner via a vacuum line can be super dangerous. There is a nice gouge out of the wall at my shop due to this.

Tank method: Read the directions but I think it says to add to a full tank or at so many gallons. This will run through anything fuel does. The main benefit is at the injector end. It cleans your injectors from the inside and where the fuel exits the injectors, this is normally on an intake runner, combustion chamber and the backs of a valve or two.

Vacuum line method: With this, you are introducing very small yet even amounts of the liquid cleaner to a vacuum line. If done correctly you pretty much atomize the cleaner, cleaning anything that air and the air/fuel mixture touches. This will get the intake runners, the external TIP of the fuel injectors, combustion chamber and the backs of the intake valves. ** please note you can cause a lot of damage with this method to yourself and your engine** they key is to do it slow and easy. This should also cause a large plume of smoke!

OP
OP
V

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'll try the tank method. But what exactly are the benefits? Just cleans the fuel lines/system?

tlang

Reaction score
yes cleans of deposits that build up over time, can increase mpg and throttle response

OP
OP
V

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks tlang. Is one can enough? Will it help with a little rough idle at times?

tlang

Reaction score
Yes one can should be enough. I will say it has the potential to help with a rough idle. Providing the basics have been covered and you roughness is due to carbon build up. Doesnt hurt to try at all. I would do it in a tank of top tier premium. like shell or chevron 92 good luck

OP
OP
V

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're the man tlang. Thank you

OP
OP
V

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried the sea foam. It helped a little but can't seem to get rid of the minor rough idle. The rpm doesn't fluctuate that much. Just less than 500 when idling. And it's like every few seconds which is more like minor jerk that you can feel it in your seat if that makes any sense. Like a minor kick. Plugs are good, cleaned the TB and a little bit of the IM as far as I could reach. New fuel pump too. I dunno.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you cleaned your mass air flow sensor? A dirty MAF can cause a rough idle but make sure to only use MAF cleaner and never touch the wires with anything but the spray. Let it dry and reinstall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2