Scrubbing/binding while turning at near full lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced all servicable parts on the front suspension? I know that will catch it, but it's also shooting at a fly with a cannon ball. I read your posts and see you were asking about orientation of the various parts as well.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a write up here or elsewhere that details inner & outer tie rod replacement as well as idler and pitman? I think I'm just going to drop the coin for all those to start with since I have 230k on the odo. Mostly having a problem with toe going out, so these parts are the likely culprit. I've searched here and not see any write up's for tie rod replacement job. Thanks in advance.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently you didn't read the thread...

I've been following the thread since near the beginning, & read the thread, and the definitive solution to this very common problem with GMT800's is not defined with a clear cut solution in this thread. Still looking for useful, constructive replies to my posts as well....however, it seems like there isn't a huge knowledge base here on this site. Perhaps need to look on GM Full Size or somewhere else like GM-Trucks.com, Z71 Tahoe Suburban, or other?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been following the thread since near the beginning, & read the thread, and the definitive solution to this very common problem with GMT800's is not defined with a clear cut solution in this thread. Still looking for useful, constructive replies to my posts as well....however, it seems like there isn't a huge knowledge base here on this site. Perhaps need to look on GM Full Size or somewhere else like GM-Trucks.com, Z71 Tahoe Suburban, or other?

I quoted the post that gave the answer to your question.

This was the fix for the OP's specific problem:

In case anyone was wondering this is proper orientation for the center link. Tie rod droops are angled down and towards the rear.

It may not be the fix for your problem, but it is the fix for their problem.

On these vehicles all the front end components: inner and our tie rods, sway bar links and bushings, control arm bushings and ball joints, idler, pitman, wheel bearings, shocks, jounce stops likely need to be replaced at this time. Sometimes the steering box is the problem and needs to be tightened or replaced as well.

Any one of those items can cause this type of issue. There is no one definitive fix for everyone. Start your own thread so that we can help you track down your particular issue.

Last edited:

TRAKOUT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was this ever figured out? Same issue here. Mood tir Rod ends, pitman arm, idler arm and bracket