Scangauge TFT codes?n my

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to install the Scangauge II on my '04 Suburban LT. Having a little difficulty getting it to read TFT (Transmission Fluid Temp.)

I downloaded the X Gauge GM Specific codes from Linear Logic and programmed exactly what is there for the VPW protocol:

TXD: 6C10F1221940
RXF: 046205190640
RXD: 3008
MTH: 00090005FFD8

When I try to look at TFT it seems to jump up and down, sometimes its showing 240 and the next second it's - 35.

Are there different codes I should be using? According to the Scangauge it should be using the VPW protocol.

Thanks in advance!

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out what codes would work for the transmission fluid temp?

OP
OP
Martinjmpr

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think the ones I put up at the first post ended up being the correct ones, I just was missing a digit somewhere.

Scangauge has been working great for 14 months and 20,000 miles. Of course, I no longer really "need" the TFT since my dashboard went out in July and I had it rebuilt and when it was rebuilt I had them put in a trans temp gauge.

EDITED TO ADD: Thinking back on it, my mistake actually turned out to be something like which particular X-gauge "slot" I was using. When I switched to a different slot or position, it worked fine. I think I was trying to use position 0 when I should have been using position 1 or 2.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kns0517