Sagging Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedhead514

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2007 Tahoe has a gap between the hood and the grill/bumper. The gap gets bigger going from right to left across the front of the car, the biggest space is just to the right of passenger side headlight. I've also got a gap underneath the passenger side headlight (I can almost fit a finger between the headlight and bumper).

Are there any ways to adjust the height of the bumper, or things that can break that might cause this?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Did you buy it that way? A little more info. Did you hit something? There are adjustments that you or a shop can make to tighten those gaps up.

OP
OP
B

Bedhead514

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you buy it that way? A little more info. Did you hit something? There are adjustments that you or a shop can make to tighten those gaps up.
It was like this when I bought it, I purchased it several months ago. Unfortunately I don't know much about the car before I bought it, but I don't believe it was ever in an accident. I've thought about taking the bumper off completely and then reinstalling it, but thought I'd check for simple stuff before getting into that.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the nnbs, I have an 03, I'm sure the nnbs must be the same, but behind the headlights are plastic holding the housings in. Have you checked back there for anything cracked or broken?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALMOST every GMT800 suv I see has this issue. Including mine. I assumed the 2007 and up models were different because I've never seen any with gaps in between headlights and grille and bumpers. Haven't gone this route with my Denali yet, but when I had my Durango, I undid all the mounting bolts, but the bumper back in place and had a friend hold it up right against the grill and headlights while I reassembled all the mounting bolts and tightened them down as far as I could go. Worked pretty well. Not sure if that will work with the GMs, since the bumper skin is a separate piece from the actual bumper brace behind it. Mine is tweaked a little differently now because of my little fender bender last summer. It's actually a little straighter and tighter up against the girl then it was before. Not perfect though. I think I'm just gonna have my body shop straighten everything out.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nnbs bumper cover comes off in about 5sec.. 5-6 bolts on the top 2-3 on bottom under each inner fender well liner, google how to change an 07-14 tahoe/burb/yuk headlight and there are many videos on removal. Seriously 5 secs, no adjustments areas so to speak as its all rubber and one piece. Yours could just be sagging with age or maybe even cracked by the bottom of grill... this will give you an idea...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter