Rusting Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowtie_Beast

Reaction score
My '04 XL Denali is rusting out and I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking about getting something different in the spring. Last time I had it in the shop they said the frame was starting to rust out. It has one spot rusted through and a crack in another and bent in another. Thanks MI winters and salt! Oh and I went off the road this winter. Oops.
I'm trying to figure out if I should keep it or get something else. Oh, and it has 265,000 miles on it.
Here are some pics of my recent hillbilly rust fix. (Not on the frame) yes that's black duct tape. Haha. It's holding up so far. It's been about a month and been through several car washes.

IMG_1023.JPG IMG_1026.JPG IMG_1027.JPG IMG_1028.JPG

JoeOmerta

Reaction score
I'm going through the same thing right now. Thinking about grinding/sanding, and painting then maybe oil coating everything. But theres soo many rust products out there i want to get it right the first time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum