Rusted Control Arm Bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archer04

Reaction score
So took my 04 tahoe in for an alignment, but that whole issue is another write up, the short of it is I had to go to two stealerships, and the second was able to get the tahoe mostly in alignment, but it still pulled to the right. I was informed the right side camber bolts were frozen and could not be adjusted like they needed to get correct alignment.

So I went home purchased the new camber bolts, and began the work to replace them. Both of the nuts for the camber bolts snapped off even using a penetrating and lubrication spray. So I began the process of removing them. The rear fought me, but it came out finally, no damage to the arm or the bushing still usable. The front on the other hand will not come out, I got the bolt to spin, but it is also spinning the metal shaft inside the bushing. In short I have used an air hammer, cut off the end of the bolt because it had mushroomed, sprayed an entire bottle of penetrating oil, and even used a propane torch to heat it up and try to pound it out. I am still working on getting it out, and I am asking for help if anyone has a new or different way of getting it out. As for right no I am considering trying to cut off the arm just in front of the mounting bracket, and then being as careful as I can attempt to cut the out portion of the arm that is in the bracket so I can get to the metal sleeve and use the air hammer to expand it away from the bolt and remove it that way.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Just kept using the torch until I finally got mine out. Absolute pain in the rear! Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345