Running gear sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordfest

Reaction score
We had some snow in the forecast so we switched from 2X to auto. When we shift from 2X to Auto, we hear a constant sound from the transfer case or hubs. The running gear is quiet in 2X, but when in auto it is very noticeable. We never noticed any noise from our 2007. My wife said the transmission isn't as smooth while in auto.

I plan to take it to the dealer. Just curious if anyone has noticed the same sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have not heard that on my 17 Denali. What year/model do you have?

OP
OP
F

fordfest

Reaction score
Have not heard that on my 17 Denali. What year/model do you have?

It's a 2016. We have owned it for 1-1/2 years. We typically keep it in 2X due to the sound. We kept our 2007 in auto and never an issue.

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an All Data DIY membership and I was reading all the recalls on the SUV's, I want to say I remember some recall about the transfer case.

OP
OP
F

fordfest

Reaction score
I have an All Data DIY membership and I was reading all the recalls on the SUV's, I want to say I remember some recall about the transfer case.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll see what the dealer shows.

foxyjam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2017 Yukon Denali sounds as if it is equipped with monster truck tires when in Auto. The noise is most noticeable when accelerating from a stop then it seems to dissipate a bit.

OP
OP
F

fordfest

Reaction score
My 2017 Yukon Denali sounds as if it is equipped with monster truck tires when in Auto. The noise is most noticeable when accelerating from a stop then it seems to dissipate a bit.

That's it. Have you had a dealer look at it?

foxyjam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's it. Have you had a dealer look at it?

No dealer visits yet, but I’ll mention it when I stop in for the first oil change and tire rotation.