Ruff ride ! 22" tires or shocks??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
in all my other vehicles I could tell when my shocks have been wore out ! My truck doesn't bounce or anything weard like that but it does hit the road hard. I have replaced 90% or the front end over the las 2 years so no play there. The only thing I have not done is the shocks. But they were new 4.5 years ago when I got it. They were good monroes.

Rides fine on the factory 17" but still hits the road harder than I think it should. Any thoughts would be appreciated

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22 will always ride firmer due to less sidewall.

how many miles on the shocks? do u see any signs of leaks on them?
have you tried bouncing vehicle to see if they are doing their job?

what are teh 17 & 22 tire specs?

OP
OP
#1taho

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I will get the tire specs tonight but the shocks look fine. I have bounced on the front end and seems normal. But I can't tell if it's the tortion bar being stif !

OP
OP
#1taho

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I also have a vibration feeling at about 70 mph. I thought it was tire balance but the balanced out perfectly the last time by the campany that makes the balancer. So I am thinking I have another problem!!! I have checked the front end numerous times and had other guys look too. But have over looked the shocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9