RSE - No Video Output

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike07se

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have a 2009 Denali XL and have an issue that has me finally stumped. I hope that I may find a solution to this as I've been searching and Googling before I made this post.
  • When playing a DVD, no video will show on the 2nd and 3rd row monitors.
  • Video will display on the head unit. Sound plays fine through the stereo.
  • The screens are black, but look like they are still back lit - I hope that's not to hard to describe.
  • The 2nd row unit is warm to the touch when I put my hand on it, so it's definitely getting power.
  • I have checked the RSE fuse, and it checks OK.
  • My six year old son has commented (I'm never in the back so I haven't noticed this) that there are two red lights in the IR receiver area of the second flip down that are not on.
  • My wife (primary driver) has commented that this was becoming intermittent in a very short amount of time prior to this complete failure.
So my concern is, has the 2nd row RSE unit failed? Does this interrupt the video downstream and take out the 3rd row RSE in the process? Are these known to fail and is the fix just to swap out 2nd row unit or could it be more to this?

Thank you in advance!

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The third row is a slave monitor so if the second row is out, there will not be anything displayed. Check the plugs on the second row unit. The video wire on mine was damaged from the kids repeatedly opening the screen too far. I belive the purple wire is the video.

OP
OP
M

mike07se

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I will look into this.

I'm assuming this may be something that I can cut and re-splice for a repair? Are there any other modules in this unit to fail, such as a video splitter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14