Roof Rack Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrianT

Reaction score
I tried the search...... I am still not coming up with a thread that shows a removal, I am not a roof rack guy and would really like to get rid of mine. From what I understand it has to be removed from the inside. Has anyone tackled this job yet?

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very interested in this as well. I remember sometime ago coming across a post somewhere (this forum or another) where they said it required a lot of work and that you'll have to fill in the holes after removing the racks. Like you, I've tried searching and could not find enough information.

OP
OP
BrianT

BrianT

Reaction score
I really didn't want to remove the headliner......

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PPV's don't have roof racks so maybe someone with a PPV can chime in :)

2015-Chevrolet-Tahoe-PPV-11.jpg

4df9d6e5-55fc-4c2c-9ac3-7782f75aa2da.jpg

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On 14 back you do not need to remove headliner, screwed down from outside, just need to seal the holes and come up with a cover, I have used nice round head allen bolts and painted before, also sealed with paintable sealer and painted to match, the one with the molding looks killer to me

OP
OP
BrianT

BrianT

Reaction score
yeah, I used to have a 11 Denali and took off the roof rack with ease. Not with this one....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2