Rodent trouble, problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had problems with rats before. My neighbor is a hoarder and had rats in his yard and garage (probably his house too for all I know). I had a Blazer that was a project vehicle parked in my backyard and the rats started nesting in the engine compartment and the suspension. I tried traps, but after I caught one, I guess they figured to stay away from the traps because I never caught a single one after that. I tried some rat poison which didn't do squats either. But then I searched online for the "good" rat poisons. I bought a huge bucket of the bait blocks, was like $60 from Tractor Supply. I dispersed them but I had to make sure they were only in areas that my dogs could not get to. I tossed most them into my neighbors yard, and I saw them start to disappear within a few days. It took almost another solid month, but I think I killed them all. I have not seen any rats since then. I would sometimes see them dart across my yard and steal food from my dogs food bowl and the dog would chase em off. But I have not seen them at all anymore.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Just changed my oil and noticed a few other spots I must have missed when assessing the destruction from the little porky. Luckily he didn't chew the entire way through, was able to clean it up and used liquid electrical tape and then wrapped it up really good with tape.

0dqAi4tP3ba9NjA9gQNs0UkpxP9wZ3856j8Fwg3ZpNc

-R8kcr8T8OIxv7lrnN6jHF9X07ob1dFj53QMACDfS5E

I'm not seeing the pictures... What was it?

OP
OP
Trailblazzin

Trailblazzin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had problems with rats before. My neighbor is a hoarder and had rats in his yard and garage (probably his house too for all I know). I had a Blazer that was a project vehicle parked in my backyard and the rats started nesting in the engine compartment and the suspension. I tried traps, but after I caught one, I guess they figured to stay away from the traps because I never caught a single one after that. I tried some rat poison which didn't do squats either. But then I searched online for the "good" rat poisons. I bought a huge bucket of the bait blocks, was like $60 from Tractor Supply. I dispersed them but I had to make sure they were only in areas that my dogs could not get to. I tossed most them into my neighbors yard, and I saw them start to disappear within a few days. It took almost another solid month, but I think I killed them all. I have not seen any rats since then. I would sometimes see them dart across my yard and steal food from my dogs food bowl and the dog would chase em off. But I have not seen them at all anymore.

Unfortunately there will and are pets around so any type of "poisons" are not really an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the ultrasonic pest repellers. I have one with three settings low medium high I got on amazon. No animal walks by when that thing is set on high. Does over 500 Sq ft.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Contend997

Reaction score
Urban legend imo. I had dryer sheets all over my damn Tundra and all they did was move them out of their way as they came in through the vents. Peppermint oil didn't work either, nor did bars of soap. Only thing that got them out was traps.

In ct we learned the cheap sheets dont work but bounce works. Never had one problem one year we used the cheap dryer sheets and it didnt. Work but using bounce we never had a problem.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there will and are pets around so any type of "poisons" are not really an option.

You can always buy (or build) some pet proof rat poison boxes. It's basically a plastic box that you place the poison blocks inside, but there is a small tunnel that rodents can enter the box but pets can not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ciscotex