Rodent trouble, problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gemarsh

Reaction score
anyone have a good idea to keep porcupines away from your vehicle? In laws have place in northern pa that we usually go to a few times a year and apparently the porcupines love chewing on cars. They chewed on my tire and also scraped a lot of undercoating off the frame of my Tahoe. My brother in law had a wiring harness chewed and needed to be towed and replaced.

View media item 26535View media item 26534
Sounds,like you don't have a dog. Some green antifreeze in a small bowl setting by your tires will work.

Contend997

Reaction score
anyone have a good idea to keep porcupines away from your vehicle? In laws have place in northern pa that we usually go to a few times a year and apparently the porcupines love chewing on cars. They chewed on my tire and also scraped a lot of undercoating off the frame of my Tahoe. My brother in law had a wiring harness chewed and needed to be towed and replaced.

View media item 26535View media item 26534
Try to put a box of bounce around the truck it looks to keep the mice and squarls?away they don't like the smell

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to put a box of bounce around the truck it looks to keep the mice and squarls?away they don't like the smell
Urban legend imo. I had dryer sheets all over my damn Tundra and all they did was move them out of their way as they came in through the vents. Peppermint oil didn't work either, nor did bars of soap. Only thing that got them out was traps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Trailblazzin

Trailblazzin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know moth balls don't work, already tried that. Headed up again next weekend and may try some predator pee.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I have used fox urine for rabbits. It definitely works initially. Seemed like it didn't take too long for them to realize there wasn't actually a fox...

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know moth balls don't work, already tried that. Headed up again next weekend and may try some predator pee.
Heard if you put it on your cabin filter, floorboards, and seats it works great. Just put it in a spray bottle and go to town [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't he just spray it on his undercarriage and his tires and call it a day? Maybe he could just spray it on the ground and then park over it...

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just, really dont think you want mothball 'juice' in your car or truck.... that shit stinks and will never come out... putting it on driveway i guess but.... ughhhhhh

Ive used coyote urine around my house and it really didnt do a f'in thing.... rabbits got high off it i think, or *****....... there were like 20-25 running around the yard after i put that shit down.....

I still say .22lr is the way to go or havaheart trap and then shoot the little sumbitches....(yes while in the trap.... i know contradicts the 'havaheart' part..f it)

OP
OP
Trailblazzin

Trailblazzin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just changed my oil and noticed a few other spots I must have missed when assessing the destruction from the little porky. Luckily he didn't chew the entire way through, was able to clean it up and used liquid electrical tape and then wrapped it up really good with tape.

DRNWlpW.jpg
dgo7cl6.jpg
VVgBkjo.jpg
Iv0qkGA.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep