Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that was a lot of damn work, just to end up with cracks that are more closed up but still noticeable. Plus instead of one by the airbag I have 2 now lol. Oh, plus it cost me an extra $250 for the front trim piece which is still on order. I sent the stapler back to Amazon because I don't plan on trying plastic repair again. If anybody wants one, there will soon be a deal in Amazon Warehouse Deals for one but it will be missing a lot of staples. Next time I'll just replace the main dash piece. It was a learning experience and it goes to show that no matter how much research a guy does, shit can and usually does still go wrong. If you pull the dash on a pickup, drop the steering column or you'll bust the dash trying to maneuver it around the steering wheel. I didn't find any videos on pulling a dash on a pickup so I didn't know. I'll be doing this again soon because these cracks will drive me crazy. I can probably replace the dash in 2-3 hours now that I've done it once.

IMG_8365.JPG IMG_8366.JPG

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Well that was a lot of damn work, just to end up with cracks that are more closed up but still noticeable. Plus instead of one by the airbag I have 2 now lol. Oh, plus it cost me an extra $250 for the front trim piece which is still on order. I sent the stapler back to Amazon because I don't plan on trying plastic repair again. If anybody wants one, there will soon be a deal in Amazon Warehouse Deals for one but it will be missing a lot of staples. Next time I'll just replace the main dash piece. It was a learning experience and it goes to show that no matter how much research a guy does, shit can and usually does still go wrong. If you pull the dash on a pickup, drop the steering column or you'll bust the dash trying to maneuver it around the steering wheel. I didn't find any videos on pulling a dash on a pickup so I didn't know. I'll be doing this again soon because these cracks will drive me crazy. I can probably replace the dash in 2-3 hours now that I've done it once.

View attachment 199773 View attachment 199774

Rack it up to experience. Still looks better than it did. Go run the beast up and down the block a few times and get smiling again.

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lotta work man. nice job though. those dash's are notoriously cracked on that body style. my buddies Tahoe is the same, only worse. He just threw a nice dash pad on it.

And those OEM textured plastic pieces are a b*tch to prep to get really paint to stick on em.

nice progress

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched the worst dash removal YouTube video before I did mine, I think of a guy who did the staple repair. But it was like ok if this guy can remove the dash this carelessly and not break any trim, I'm sure me trying to do it gently should go ok.

And it wasnt bad I mean, the dude did identify every bolt/clip/plug etc that needed to be removed

Here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972