Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I tried the SEM texture spray and it was looking ok even though I would have had to do the entire dash, both pieces. And then spray them. I tried it on the flat piece that goes up against the windshield. It kept lifting in little areas, probably didn’t prep it right. But that piece had many problems and it kept getting worse. It was so brittle it kept breaking, first all the parts that hold the clips, then the grill by the vent, then the hooks that help hold it down. Then this happened. Whoopsy.

1E19AE14-4CF0-4F30-8356-17AF1146E1F8.jpeg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I tried the SEM texture spray and it was looking ok even though I would have had to do the entire dash, both pieces. And then spray them. I tried it on the flat piece that goes up against the windshield. It kept lifting in little areas, probably didn’t prep it right. But that piece had many problems and it kept getting worse. It was so brittle it kept breaking, first all the parts that hold the clips, then the grill by the vent, then the hooks that help hold it down. Then this happened. Whoopsy.

View attachment 199708

Oooops....was @05Single in your garage last night, "helping"?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

View attachment 199708
That plastic just gets brittle from sitting under the windshield. Those little vent grills are usually the first things to go. Can't save those.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That plastic just gets brittle from sitting under the windshield. Those little vent grills are usually the first things to go. Can't save those.
Yeah there was no saving that piece. Terrible quality of plastic. And of course they know they have you by the balls on that part; my dealer wanted over $450 for it. I got it for $260 ish. Ridiculous.
s-l1600.jpg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Yeah there was no saving that piece. Terrible quality of plastic. And of course they know they have you by the balls on that part; my dealer wanted over $450 for it. I got it for $260 ish. Ridiculous.
s-l1600.jpg

Be sure to rub it down with Sun block before you install it and then reapply once a week... lol

Seriously though if you don't already have a tinted windshield you should really consider it.

I did a 70% ceramic film on the entire windshield and it blocks about 50% of the heat and 99% UV A and B which is probably what contributes to the dash cracking prematurely.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be sure to rub it down with Sun block before you install it and then reapply once a week... lol

Seriously though if you don't already have a tinted windshield you should really consider it.

I did a 70% ceramic film on the entire windshield and it blocks about 50% of the heat and 99% UV A and B which is probably what contributes to the dash cracking prematurely.
Yeah but then there's the dash in The Beast which is 16 years old and when I pulled to paint last year it was strong as hell and shows no signs of cracking. The NNBS is just made out of ****** plastic. The stuff is brittle as hell and breaks just from touching it. I'm going to spend some money on this truck in awhile and when I do, I'll buy the main dash piece. Then I need a new windshield and when I get that, I'll tint it. I'm not going to do that to The Beast because it's my daily and I can't see that good at night. The Machine has Morimoto retrofits too which really light things up, plus I won't be driving in the pouring rain dark nights like we get here in the Winter months. That's when a tinted windshield would cause me problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT