Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not do dip. Absolutely hate that stuff. To me it's a cheap ass way to do a half ass job that's not even permanent, doesn't wash well, and looks like plastic dip. I can spot the stuff a mile away. Does that answer that question?
:signs8:

:word:

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the stair step was proper and to me makes more sense.... as I stated previously for road signs.

Low on the left for oncoming traffic gradually getting higher on the right for signage... oh well guess I was wrong.
Hell I don't know. I ain't no expert in headlight aiming and this is my first retrofit. If anybody knows for sure, please enlighten me! I actually set them like that but because I was just lining up lines then I noticed the stairstep and thought it was wrong. All I ever read on headlight aiming never mentioned that. I guess I'll be asking Mr. Google today....

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hell I don't know. I ain't no expert in headlight aiming and this is my first retrofit. If anybody knows for sure, please enlighten me! I actually set them like that but because I was just lining up lines then I noticed the stairstep and thought it was wrong. All I ever read on headlight aiming never mentioned that. I guess I'll be asking Mr. Google today....

Let us know what the experts think.... then we will both know... lol

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let us know what the experts think.... then we will both know... lol
TRS lines them up like I did in their videos. There's still one stairstep on mine. Others I watched were either way, some like you said and some like I did. I see no clear consensus. Anybody else know for sure?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
One step even on both sides, meaning the step up on driver side matches step up on passenger. So as you have them now is correct. The point of the step up is to project light further down the road while not blinding oncoming drivers to your left. That's why they make LHD and RHD steps depending on what country you reside.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Here's the cutoff at ride height . The demon eye pics will have to wait, it just started pouring. I was relieved that the projectors stayed perfectly level after epoxying them in place.View attachment 194825

Looks good and cut off seems crisp for MH1. Not sure what the flare up in right hand corner of picture is from... The gap between steps at 25' should equal gap between center of each projector. So centerline of projector to projector is 55" then at 25' the step peaks need to be 55" apart. Then when you back up to 100' they are set straight and don't spread apart or come together. Yours appear correct but sharing for others who might take on a retrofit.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Consensus has it I suppose... like I said I guess it was just my ignorance.... still makes more sense in my head to have 2 steps BUT I guess if I ever retro I can set it up my way and let everyone tell me it's wrong.... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy