Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my jdm astar stuff. Bought drls, fogs, and reverse lights from them and they're awesome.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I had all the LED/ retrofit situation either completed or on order. Interior LED's; license plate LED's; CHMSTL LED's; backup LED's; tail/rear turn LED's; front turn/marker light LED's; headlights will be retrofit HID soon. All check. Tonight I remembered fog lights...and the truck has these weird ones, 5202. Bulb and socket all in one. So I ordered these JDM Astar 6000k ones. That should be it.

816FLHylroL._SL1500_.jpg

I paid $30 for my old school Philips 5202s!

Will those plug in without having to mess with anything?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got some new aluminum leaner/sealer yesterday that I'd ordered so I gave it a try on the front billets today. Supposedly it seals and will repel everything for 2-3 months. Time will tell. It's called Gord's and it got great reviews. I only did the fronts because it was killing my shoulder and even though they had been polished 2 weeks ago with MR Metal they were already getting a bit dull. The Gord's brightened them up. Hopefully it lasts.

IMG_7894.JPG IMG_7895.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And after that I decided to go see how the tune worked. As soon as I started moving, the ABS, Stabilitrack and Traction Control lights were back. Good news is, the tune really woke it up. It's way quicker. I went back and hooked up the Tech 2,checked the codes which were speed sensor, scrolled to the data display where it shows them and went for a drive. The LR isn't working well, at 35 mph it shows 6. The other 3 are fine. I had cleaned the rears which were full of grime and metal dust but had noticed the o-ring on the LR was bad and it was probably leaking. I'm going to replace that one. I think that will fix it. All my other codes are gone, steering wheel position sensor is still reading accurately.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gathering parts for the headlights. The TRS retrofit order will be here next Friday; they just shipped today. The Depo's will ship tomorrow so they should arrive about the same time. I made my resistor packs for the front switchbacks which came today. These Morimoto's are bad mf's but they should be for $45 a pair. The Acme's are cool too; both are aluminum housings and solid as hell. Oh, and the color match spray paint and adhesion promoter came yesterday.

View attachment 193935 View attachment 193936 View attachment 193937 View attachment 193938
Those black ones will sperate where the aluminum and plastic meet under heat. Put a piece of good electrical tape around it or pull apart and re glue with something stronger. If you want the brightest 5202 bulbs possible PM me. I'll show you what I sell.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I got some new aluminum leaner/sealer yesterday that I'd ordered so I gave it a try on the front billets today. Supposedly it seals and will repel everything for 2-3 months. Time will tell. It's called Gord's and it got great reviews. I only did the fronts because it was killing my shoulder and even though they had been polished 2 weeks ago with MR Metal they were already getting a bit dull. The Gord's brightened them up. Hopefully it lasts.

View attachment 194120 View attachment 194121

I use zephyr pro 40 and white diamond on my billets. Once I machine polish them again I will coat them with adams ceramic coating. The ceramic coating holds the polish on mine for 9 months before needing polishing. That's not driving in the rain only clear days and wiping water off wheels after it rains. That's the only way I know to keep from constant polishing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667