Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No alarm, they don't work. All they'd have to do is open the hood and cut the wire. Nobody pays attention to them anyway. The theater security saw them and called 911 but they were in a car with no plates or temps and got away. Probably took all of 5 minutes to pop a lock on the passenger door and tear the plastic off the column.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No alarm, they don't work. All they'd have to do is open the hood and cut the wire. Nobody pays attention to them anyway. The theater security saw them and called 911 but they were in a car with no plates or temps and got away. Probably took all of 5 minutes to pop a lock on the passenger door and tear the plastic off the column.
I'm happy the security guard saw them. Can't even imagine if he didn't. I got a plastic column cover for ya if you need it.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to some guy on YouTube I was able to get the key to turn on and replaced the cylinder. Got everything buttoned back up. Just have to fix the door lock but that can wait. I'm thinking I'm just gonna disable it so only the driver door can unlock with a key. I've never used the passenger side lock.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, sorry to hear about the truck, glad you got it back together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to invest in an aftermarket alarm with paging capability. I have a viper alarm and even when in the theatre I get a signal from my truck and it has a display screen that lights up.. It's got a 1 mile range, but I've had it for a while so the newer ones may be better. You need something to at least slow down a thief. I once had back a back up battery siren, interior sirens, hood pin and all. It stopped my truck from being stolen once. The alarm had to be pulled due to damage, but it did it's job. The reinstall was not as good so some of my features were lost. Opening the hood would set off the alarm and I would get an alert.

I would say look into a tracking system for the truck as well. U got a lotta coin wrapped up in your truck.

Hate f@$#in thieves!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

dubyagee01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need a switch that ties the brake lights to the airbags. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to invest in an aftermarket alarm with paging capability. I have a viper alarm and even when in the theatre I get a signal from my truck and it has a display screen that lights up.. It's got a 1 mile range, but I've had it for a while so the newer ones may be better. You need something to at least slow down a thief. I once had back a back up battery siren, interior sirens, hood pin and all. It stopped my truck from being stolen once. The alarm had to be pulled due to damage, but it did it's job. The reinstall was not as good so some of my features were lost. Opening the hood would set off the alarm and I would get an alert.

I would say look into a tracking system for the truck as well. U got a lotta coin wrapped up in your truck.

Hate f@$#in thieves!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
I'm looking into one, I'll keep you guys posted.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The oil change interval just came up as well as the new trans fluid and filter needs to be changed according to Performabuilt since it's been 2000 miles since I installed it. Looks like I'm about to get dirty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne