Rocker Switches Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently aquired a white 50" curved light bar and 2 Led pods for reverse.

I wanted nice looking illuminated rocker switches I went with Mictunning switches from amazon.

and I wanted a real nice clean looking install.

I bought 1 square feet of ABS plastic from amazon.

And youll need the mounting housings for the switches it makes it a whole lot easier also sold by Mictunning on amazon.

So first I removed the Onstar buttons some of you may have a cubby there just remove that also so that you can run the wires threw the opening.

I cut the square out of the ABS plastic to size to cover the opening on the Dash trim piece not the dash it self and then I cut out the hole for the switch housing. Then I hot glued the plastic to the dash trim piece I did it this way cause there wasnt an easy way to mount a flat plastic to the dash itself.

FINISHED PRODUCT.
20160124_190655.jpg
TOP AND BOTTOM ILLUMINATED WHEN SWITCHES TURNED ON
20160124_190850.jpg

ONLY BOTTOM HALF OF SWITCH ILLUMINATED CONSTANTLY
20160124_190855.jpg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it. Especially the rockers being named :thumbsup:

RicaIii

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi..i am a new user here. In my case i got tired of being paranoid about the battery dying during a flash. I ended up pulling the fuel pump fuse bur got tired of Reinserting the fuse.I ended up building this. It's a toggle switch that in series with the fuel pump fuse. turn the switch off to disable the fuel pump. flash and turn it back on.

hepp04hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I literally just got my stuff to do this, how ever I got a used cubby for free from local yard, 12x12 .060 abs and I'm using round switches. I'm going to cut the front lip off the cubby, the thickness for the abs glue abs to cubby, also cut back out of cubby to run wires and my results will be almost identical. except it for some reason ever sell or trade I can switch out cubbies and I still have my switches and wiring without a hole in the dash or abs glued to bezel.

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kept the onstart unit for the same reason. I can pop it back in and no one will be the wiser.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a few LED light bars(50'' curved for the front of the roof, 18'' for the new Go Rhino push bar, 2-8'' mounted on the rear of the roof) along with rocker switches and 3-52mm billet gauges i'm going to be installing once it warms up...i bought these rockers from ebay...they should match the rest of the blue LED lights in the interior

Blue#2 3 Gang Car Rocker Switch Panel USB Socket Power Plug Voltmeter Charger | eBay

50''- Blow Me Switch...for those who like to drive with their brights on regardless of oncoming traffic

18''- Head Lights Switch...for working on your buddies truck in the dark

2-8''- Rear Lights Switch...for those who like to drive behind us with their brights on

52mm Car Auto Gauge Meter DIGITAL CLOCK TIME BLUE LED LCD 12V | eBay

Inside Outside Thermometer Air temp Gauge MeterTruck/Car dual display BLUE LED | eBay

CAR AUTO 2" 52MM BLUE LIGHT DIGITAL LED VOLT VOLTAGE METER GAUGE BOAT BLACK NEW | eBay

Here is the ABS plastic i will be mounting everything on with the help of a heat gun

BLACK ABS PLASTIC SHEET 1/8" - 1 SHEET USED FOR CUSTOM WORK ON PANNELS AND CAR | eBay

Last edited:

DDenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a few LED light bars(50'' curved for the front of the roof, 18'' for the new Go Rhino push bar, 2-8'' mounted on the rear of the roof) along with rocker switches and 3-52mm billet gauges i'm going to be installing once it warms up...i bought these rockers from ebay...they should match the rest of the blue LED lights in the interior

Blue#2 3 Gang Car Rocker Switch Panel USB Socket Power Plug Voltmeter Charger | eBay

50''- Blow Me Switch...for those who like to drive with their brights on regardless of oncoming traffic

18''- Head Lights Switch...for working on your buddies truck in the dark

2-8''- Rear Lights Switch...for those who like to drive behind us with their brights on

52mm Car Auto Gauge Meter DIGITAL CLOCK TIME BLUE LED LCD 12V | eBay

Inside Outside Thermometer Air temp Gauge MeterTruck/Car dual display BLUE LED | eBay

CAR AUTO 2" 52MM BLUE LIGHT DIGITAL LED VOLT VOLTAGE METER GAUGE BOAT BLACK NEW | eBay

Here is the ABS plastic i will be mounting everything on with the help of a heat gun

BLACK ABS PLASTIC SHEET 1/8" - 1 SHEET USED FOR CUSTOM WORK ON PANNELS AND CAR | eBay
Your a got damn genius. I love it

Sent from Dugar's iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk