Roadforce Balancing worth it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mck024

Reaction score
Replacing OEM tires on our 2016 Suburban LT next week. I don't have any buffeting or booming, but I am afraid it could appear after the tire swap. :eek: Going with Michelin Defenders. Chevy dealer had the best price, all in. They added the rfb for an additional $20.

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing OEM tires on our 2016 Suburban LT next week. I don't have any buffeting or booming, but I am afraid it could appear after the tire swap. :eek: Going with Michelin Defenders. Chevy dealer had the best price, all in. They added the rfb for an additional $20.

You'll be fine with new tires RF balanced it will drive great- the tires are not the cause of the wind buffering. The poorly constructed roof is and GM knows that, but has no real fix for it.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
a regular balance would do fine most of the time. I do roadforce balances if there still a vibration after a regular balance doesn’t work. On my winter rims, I have a slight bent rim from a pot hole and couldn’t get it to balance. Rf balance, matched the bad spot of the rim to the bad spot on the tire and walla. All good. Ow

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 week update:

Its been a week since I had the ires RF balanced.

I would say the ride is 85% better now. Vibration is all but gone, the wind buffering is still noticeable but not nearly as unbearable as before the RFB was done.

Probably the bets $90 I've spent in a while

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 week update:

Its been a week since I had the ires RF balanced.

I would say the ride is 85% better now. Vibration is all but gone, the wind buffering is still noticeable but not nearly as unbearable as before the RFB was done.

Probably the bets $90 I've spent in a while

Glad to hear...I'd say that's about where we've been with our 15 XL the last 2 years. It's not perfect but it's close and that's about the best it's going to be. It's unfortunate for any vehicle but esepically one at this price point. Sometimes I look forward to driving it and other times I dread it. lol

You probably mentioned it somewhere but what year is your truck?

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear...I'd say that's about where we've been with our 15 XL the last 2 years. It's not perfect but it's close and that's about the best it's going to be. It's unfortunate for any vehicle but esepically one at this price point. Sometimes I look forward to driving it and other times I dread it. lol

You probably mentioned it somewhere but what year is your truck?

I concur 100%

and its a 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat