Roadforce Balancing worth it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As most of you have read my threads on the wind buffering..

so far I've had torque converter and most of the transmission changed. it didn't help much

2 dealers refuse to acknowledge the TSB. and attempt the "fix" even if I pay out of pocket( which I wont)
https://gm.oemdtc.com/4011/wind-buf...-andor-water-leak-2015-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc

I've read a few posts where people with vibrating at high way speeds have gotten their tires Hunter Roadforce balanced

A local shop has the machine and charges $20 a tire to balance-

I'm looking for opinions on whether it is worth doing this as a possible remedy to the buffering?

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much life do you still have on the tires? I would just try new tires (and wheels?) myself.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s definitely worth it but you might check around for better prices.

The three dealers I have been to with vibrations on past GM suvs have done it under warranty.

Have you considered opening a case with GM? It sounds like you have a lemon.

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s definitely worth it but you might check around for better prices.

The three dealers I have been to with vibrations on past GM suvs have done it under warranty.

Have you considered opening a case with GM? It sounds like you have a lemon.

I live in NY- you're in NM = prices are way different;)

I have a case with GM- its been closed without resolution.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Road forcing our 15 XL is the only way it's remained manageable to drive for us. I've gone through multiple tire/wheel setup and ended up with michelins and 20" wheels and have them road forced about every 6mos. The buffeting and vibrations are kept at a minimum and rarely noticeable.

Actually the last time I had them balanced, they were way off as the drastic buffeting returned and hwy vibrations were horrible. Had to take it back to shop after our trip to have all rebalanced. These trucks should not require this but in our experience it's been the only way to mask the buffeting issue.

My local tire shop doesn't charge me to RF since we purchased tires from them.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A while back,I noticed some vibration when going above 65mph after installing some dealer take off 22" with dualer H/T
At the time, I had discount tire mount them and I paid extra to have them balanced using their road force machine.

Last time I got an oil changed at the Chevy dealership, I asked them to rate and balanced and oh to my surprise the vibration ahs been gone.
So two things, first, like said above, I will have rotation and balanced at every oil changed. Second, I think you have to go somewhere where they do a good job at balancing the wheels.

I always assume that using the dealership would be overpriced and not the best experience but so far, it has been the exact opposite, now this if for basic things and getting my A/C condenser fixed under extended warranty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518