Road Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Carpenter2361

Carpenter2361

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd also give you a warning if I pulled you over Carpenter!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I appreciate it. The first time I was doing 85 in a 75.
20 miles down the road I got pulled over for being in the passing lane while not passing. They were keeping an eye on the California Tahoe lol

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Lucky it's to our discretion whether or not to issue citations but some departments not so much!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

bigT63

Reaction score
Nice ride... please share more about the tune you got from Black Bear. Did they take the V4 out of the programming? What octane and specific tune are you running? Thanks.

OP
OP
Carpenter2361

Carpenter2361

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ride... please share more about the tune you got from Black Bear. Did they take the V4 out of the programming? What octane and specific tune are you running? Thanks.
Thank you. Yes I had them delete the AFM it only runs on 8 cyclinders all the time. I also had them clean up the factory shifting. I'm running 89 octane tune. California 91 octane can get up near the 4$ range.
I just went with what ever they suggested with my mods done to the truck. By far a night and day difference.

bigT63

Reaction score
What other mods have you done? Although these engines have 11:1 compression, there is no benefit to running a higher octane fuel for a family boat and being the average consumer like myself.

Was it tuned in person or by a hand held tuner they send you?

OP
OP
Carpenter2361

Carpenter2361

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What other mods have you done? Although these engines have 11:1 compression, there is no benefit to running a higher octane fuel for a family boat and being the average consumer like myself.

Was it tuned in person or by a hand held tuner they send you?
That's true about the boat, I had them send me a tuner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy