Rim Size and Offset for 2 Door Tahoe with 6" RCX Suspension lift and PA 3" Body Lift

Discussion in 'Rough Country Suspension Systems' started by Rob Scariano, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Rob Scariano

Rob Scariano Full Access Member

Name:
    Rob
    Hello all,

This is my first post so I apologize if it is in the wrong place. Looking for some of the veteran members who can help with a question I have regarding rim size and offset required for 37" Tires.

Details on the vehicle first - 99 2-Door Tahoe 4WD (Stock)
    I have already purchased the following products but I have not yet installed them.

• RCX 6" Suspension Lift Kit
    • RCX Steering Stabilizer
    • RCX Rear Sway Bar Links
    • Performance Accessories 3" Body Lift Kit
    • Performance Accessories Bumper Relocation Brackets
    • Performance Accessories Gap Gaurds
    • 4.88 Ring and Pinion for front and Rear.
    I am planning to install the gears next week, prior to the lift/wheels.

I have made up my mind on the tire size. I am definately going with 37's. However, I have called 4 different shops and I have received 4 different answers on rim size and offset. The shop I like so far says that a 20X10 Rim with a -24 Offset, along with a 37X13.50R20 will work just fine. Since I plan to install pocket flares at some point, the shop says the combo will look good together. However, another shop says that will rub and strongly recommends that I run a 9" wide wheel with 37X12.50R20s. My only reservation with that is I want to avoid having a tall tire that looks skinny. I am by no means an expert, but I don't want to buy something and regret it after it is ordered and installed.

The first pic is my stock Tahoe. The second and third or more or less the look I am going for except that I will be using 20" Rims. I just don't know what offset to use and/or whether or not to use 9" Rims with 12.50 for the tire width or 10" Rims with 13.50 as the tire width.

Please help 51C68825-9726-4531-AEE0-229169B00F84.JPG Tahoe1.PNG Tahoe2.PNG

2. Rob Scariano

Rob Scariano Full Access Member

Name:
    Rob
    Bump