Rim Size and Offset for 2 Door Tahoe with 6" RCX Suspension lift and PA 3" Body Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob Scariano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post so I apologize if it is in the wrong place. Looking for some of the veteran members who can help with a question I have regarding rim size and offset required for 37" Tires.

Details on the vehicle first - 99 2-Door Tahoe 4WD (Stock)
I have already purchased the following products but I have not yet installed them.

• RCX 6" Suspension Lift Kit
  • RCX Steering Stabilizer
  • RCX Rear Sway Bar Links
  • Performance Accessories 3" Body Lift Kit
  • Performance Accessories Bumper Relocation Brackets
  • Performance Accessories Gap Gaurds
  • 4.88 Ring and Pinion for front and Rear.
I am planning to install the gears next week, prior to the lift/wheels.

I have made up my mind on the tire size. I am definately going with 37's. However, I have called 4 different shops and I have received 4 different answers on rim size and offset. The shop I like so far says that a 20X10 Rim with a -24 Offset, along with a 37X13.50R20 will work just fine. Since I plan to install pocket flares at some point, the shop says the combo will look good together. However, another shop says that will rub and strongly recommends that I run a 9" wide wheel with 37X12.50R20s. My only reservation with that is I want to avoid having a tall tire that looks skinny. I am by no means an expert, but I don't want to buy something and regret it after it is ordered and installed.

The first pic is my stock Tahoe. The second and third or more or less the look I am going for except that I will be using 20" Rims. I just don't know what offset to use and/or whether or not to use 9" Rims with 12.50 for the tire width or 10" Rims with 13.50 as the tire width.

Please help51C68825-9726-4531-AEE0-229169B00F84.JPG Tahoe1.PNG Tahoe2.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DP2024