Ridiculous OnStar Prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdriver113

Reaction score
Just got my renewal notice today. I had the lowest plan, 50.00 increase over last year.
Bye Bye ONSTAR. :badidea::badidea::badidea:

Reaction score
cONSTAR is an over priced dinosaur

'Automatic Crash response' - meh
'Navigation' - not 1/2 has good as whats avail on the cell phones these days
--even google maps provides better traffic avoidance that cONSTAR
'Road Side Assistance' - personally I like AAA - better value and INCLUDES free tow
'spotty cell service' - no so much these days, coverage is better for most carriers

cost - ridiculous

Reaction score
Called and setup OnStar in the 2017 Burb I just got. The OnStar module had gone bad, Dealership replaced today. OnStar gave me a "free trial" for 30 days with LTE and 3gb of data. Offerred a 3 month "free trial" if I gave them my CC # so they could start auto-renew. Yeah...NOPE!

After 30 days they want me to pay $15 monthly to get basic access to my vehicle.

I just got rid of a 2015 Tahoe. For the entire 4yrs I owned it, I had access to my vehicle via the app. I cannot believe how worthless this service has become. And it's even worse because GM forces you to purchase the crap/gizmo's with the vehicle. Instead of giving you an option to OPT out.

I doubt GM monitors the forums, but what a crock of crap. I can't App Unlock, or App Start my vehicle unless I pay them $15? Get out of here, especially since it was a free service for YEARS!
I just learned this, too. I've had a 2015 and 2016 Suburban, both of which had free basic service. Buy a 2018 Yukon XL and nope, not included in the $80k price tag. My $50k Ford truck has it for free. What a scam. I understand having to pay for the safety and nav features of one wants that, but to lock, unlock and start your vehicle? That's just ridiculous IMO.