Ride very rough, need new struts? Which system do I have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gold3nMan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I drove my wife's 2011 Escalade ESV Luxury to work today. The drive was very rough and I could feel every bump and it seemed like there was no absorption of anything. I was told about a year ago from the shop that one of the front struts was leaking and that they were very expensive to replace.

Question is which type of system do I have? I looked at the RPO code in the glove box and don't see any of the ones that I was told it could be. I physically looked at the struts and there is a plug that is on top of the front ones, in the back looks like an air tube on the shock. I have never heard a compressor run since I've owned it (about a year) so I don't know if I even have one. I used to own a Tahoe that had the autoride and I could hear the compressor turn on every time I started it up. From what it looks like it is the z55 system however I don't see it on the RPO.

I've seen many kits that bypass a lot of the ESC and such, but I don't think I want to do that. Which brand should I get. I dont want something cheap as I will be keeping it for at least another 100k miles. I am attaching my RPO from the glove box to see if anyone can help.

Thanks.
rpo1.jpg

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my wife's 2011 Escalade ESV Luxury to work today. The drive was very rough and I could feel every bump and it seemed like there was no absorption of anything. I was told about a year ago from the shop that one of the front struts was leaking and that they were very expensive to replace.

Question is which type of system do I have? I looked at the RPO code in the glove box and don't see any of the ones that I was told it could be. I physically looked at the struts and there is a plug that is on top of the front ones, in the back looks like an air tube on the shock. I have never heard a compressor run since I've owned it (about a year) so I don't know if I even have one. I used to own a Tahoe that had the autoride and I could hear the compressor turn on every time I started it up. From what it looks like it is the z55 system however I don't see it on the RPO.

I've seen many kits that bypass a lot of the ESC and such, but I don't think I want to do that. Which brand should I get. I dont want something cheap as I will be keeping it for at least another 100k miles. I am attaching my RPO from the glove box to see if anyone can help.

Thanks.
View attachment 188775

What are the part numbers on your struts? One of them is typically an OEM part #.

If you need new adjustable struts, I would buy Sachs brand struts from Rockauto. They are $370 a piece.

OP
OP
G

Gold3nMan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Plug your VIN in over at GMPARTSDIRECT.COM and it'll show you. Z95 is your suspension, the mighty MagneRide.

Thanks for the info swathdiver. How is the magneride different from teh autoride? I guess theres no compressor from what it sounds like. Any suggestions on what brand to replace the OEM with? Im having difficulty picking one out since there are so many options on rockauto.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G69 is your leveling suspension. I'm not an expert on your suspension, I've got the simple one. Look up Arnott and check this forum with those two RPO codes. Be wary of the parts you select for your ride so as not to degrade it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518