Rhythmic sound while on the gas 07 Yukon Xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjs0311

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Rhythmic sound that almost sounds like bad tires when I accelerate. The noise is very audible from speeds over 20mph and will go away completely when I shift to N while coasting. The sound follows the rpm of the engine but it does not sound like it is coming from the engine bay. No sound while driving in reverse. No sound at idle. Put new tires on today and sound has continued. New in the last year are two front wheel bearings. My rotor is in rough shape and needs to be replaced but I can't see it making this noise.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rythmic is almost always drivetrain, a gear, a bearing, splines, yokes, etc. Start with the driveshaft's yoke and u-joints.

OP
OP
W

wjs0311

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. Could you hear the sound in the video I took? My wife thinks im crazy but I hear it and so do a few other people I've had take a listen.

OP
OP
W

wjs0311

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also it looks like I posted this in the wrong section of the forum. Today just aint my day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak