Rhino Ramps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the 8,000lb per pair version on sale at autozone and use them every time i change the oil. They have always been very solid and as a precaution I put some jack stands underneath just in case.

6abe3e9a.jpg

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the 8,000lb per pair version on sale at autozone and use them every time i change the oil. They have always been very solid and as a precaution I put some jack stands underneath just in case.

6abe3e9a.jpg

What size tires you running in that pic?

I'm wondering if I should have kept the ramps and maybe use them with a piece of plywood under them. I just don't have even ground where I prefer to work.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So wider than my NNBS 20's I believe. Thinking of getting them again and just keeping the jackstands in place, should anything go wrong.

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not used ramps in ages. I find it easier just to jack up vehicle, slide jack stands under, done. With big tires like that, you have greater risk of truck sliding off (tires not held securely. And If it does, jack stand would not help you one bit. But I have a flat surface to work. Little different if you are working on sloped driveway.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same ramps not sure of weight have to check and use it for oil changes on my truck and wife's crv. I bought them from walmart. Never had a problem with them, no noise or flexing. Then again my garage has a fresh slab of concrete that's nice and level. After reading these responses I think I'll throw my jack stands under for security. I ALWAYS use jack stands when jacking the truck up.

CSX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having owned multiple types of ramps...

Rhino Ramps are alight for the price. In my experience, the rubber pads tend to wear, leaving the ramp to slide about when trying to get a vehicle up. Supposedly you can contact their customer service to get replacement ramps...asked me if I've ever successfully gotten ahold of them. But the same set got me through high school and college, with only a few close calls from the ramps slipping to speak of.

Now I use Race Ramps almost exclusively - yes, they're a decent amount of coin, but they have never slipped, they're a 2-piece design which means I have more room to work, and I can use them on any of the cars, be it the Firebird or the truck.

You really do get what you pay for with these.

http://www.raceramps.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons