Rhino Ramps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 if your fat, 2 if your not. I hope that makes it easy for you.

I'm not.

I wasn't sure if people drive up on 4 of them to have the entire truck off the ground or just use 2 to get just the front or rear up.

Thanks

YukonXLPerk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HATE those things!!!!
I had a car slip off of one while I was under it!
Not sure what the hell happened or why, but it folded over and the car slipped off. I got out once I noticed the plastic turning white.
It was a 1970 pontiac for Pete's sake, not like it was a tank.

But, I think 2 will work.

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is important to put a block of wood behind tires and use jack stands when under vehicle. But I think investing in 4 jack stands would be better investment. Get the tall/heavy duty ones.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Jackstands are better. I'd get the metal ramps over plastic. Have multiple sets of metal ones and Jack stands here and at the shop

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also depends on what you are working on. dirt vs concrete and even asphalt. metal ramps could sink in dirt since they are more point loaded. I have had them sink on asphalt on a hot day; You come out after a brake and the truck is 4" lower...

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HATE those things!!!!
I had a car slip off of one while I was under it!
Not sure what the hell happened or why, but it folded over and the car slipped off. I got out once I noticed the plastic turning white.
It was a 1970 pontiac for Pete's sake, not like it was a tank.

But, I think 2 will work.

Were they old ramps? The pair I'm looking at is rated for 16,000lbs

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Maybe I'll just get jackstands then. I just figured it'd be convenient to drive up the ramps when I need to get underneath (oil changes, replacing an 02 sensor, etc).

Toyfare

Reaction score
You could always check out local pawn shops for some metal ramps or even HD jack stands that someone stole. I inherited a pair of metal ramps that I use for oil changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9