Revving too high before it will shift...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yes but seemingly large problems can develope from very small and easy fixes, like sensors or computer work

OP
OP
9CZ71Denali

9CZ71Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mechanic is on vacation until tomorrow, but he will look at it bright and early.

Today, on my way down there I the CEL came back on and gave me 2 P0420 codes and later on while accelerating, I lost all power and the CEL flashed with P0300. I am starting to think it's a bad cat or O2 sensor...

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
it sounds very likely that you are looking at something like a sensor or even a control module issue... for your sake, i hope so! just be easy on her because driving with a sensor gone bad can cause your motor to try and "fix" itself, which will in turn end up doing a lot of damage

OP
OP
9CZ71Denali

9CZ71Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
O2 sensors, knock sensors, intake manifold gasket all good. New MAF & fuel filter, throttle body cleaning and seafoam fix nothing... Looks to be the cat, will have them done friday.

How bad would it be to just hammer them out?

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
Who said it was the cats? as far knocking them out, i havent done that since i had my 82 GMC and that was easy as pie, pull it off and smash the shit out of the interior media with a flat head till its empty.

i dont understand why the cat would be causing all those problems...

Yukonxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine just started with high rev from 2-3 gear, but it was after I had my trans oil flushed and changed. The mechanic thinks it is a vacuum thing and that the oil change loosened up something. I am taking it in next week, I guess we will see.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
good to hear... do you really have a Z71 Denali? i was unaware they made such a thing? you got pics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26