Reverse light stays lit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DANNELY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe and every once and a while the reverse lights stay stuck until I tap on the fuse box. I've tried to replace a relay but still having problem. Any suggestions?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you planning on taking the vehicle to be checked? Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
Caron, GM Customer Service

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe and every once and a while the reverse lights stay stuck until I tap on the fuse box. I've tried to replace a relay but still having problem. Any suggestions?

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done it but I can't find the tread I used. All you need is a switch and some 16 gauge wire.
1. You have to find the reverse light fuse under the hood, tap a wire into it.
069.jpg
2. Get power from somewhere, I got it from the battery but you can get it from anywhere you like.
3. Get a good ground, I got this from a bolt in the floor board.
4. Run the wires into the truck where ever you want the switch.
5. Cut hole for switch and attach wires. I put my switch in the little cubby hole next to the headlight switch. DONE!
Here is the switch I used http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-LED-Rou...EO/ref=sr_1_33?ie=UTF8&qid=1304448921&sr=8-33 I got my from Autozone for like $5.
Took me about 15-20 min. Cheapest/best mod I have done. Hope this helps!

BabyHuey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GOT AN UPDATE!

So my reverse lights finally stayed on long enough for me to bring it into teh dealer and have them still on when they brought it in. Ended up getting it fixed, ill have to look at the invoice in my car as to what it was, but they ended up having to replace the fuse box.
Something along the lines of a relay that had gone bad, just as i thought taht kept shorting the system keeping it on. When i get the invoice in my hand infront of the computer ill type up exactly what it says. It woulda cost like 370 bucks.

Hope this helps!

Shimmy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ so where's the follow up? was it PN GM 19210438?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14