Resonator Delete without SLP or other tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who had a problem when I cut my resonator off.
No fume issues at all. It just melted my rear passenger wiring harness to my tail lights.
I added a section of stainless to extend it some which helped.
I plan on adding a dual set up, single exhaust looks out of place, duals look better.
01Konvicts idea sounds good to.

Oh and there really is not that big of a difference in sound. Adding a muffler would make a bigger difference.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How in the world did it melt your harness??? Was the harness hanging down rather than being fastened up and away like it's supposed to be?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good question. I'm not quite sure how it happened.
Harness was fastened in its stock location.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This kit definitely adds throatiness and a little deepness on start-up (with stock muffler), and adds maybe 5% to the loudness of the exhaust during driving. No drone. In other words, beyond the nice tone at start-up, there's barely any detectable difference in exhaust tone.
But I love the look----looks even better in person than in photos.

2008 Tahoe LT3 with SLP Resonator Delete.jpg

Scooty

Reaction score
FullSizeRender(2).jpg FullSizeRender(1).jpg Don't know why there are two of the same pics...got these today and only took about 30 minutes to install....love the look and very little change in sound.FullSizeRender(1).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods