Resonator Delete without SLP or other tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've thinking about cutting off my resonator and NOT adding on any tip(s). The SLP Kit looks good, but I may prefer having a completely clean rear bumper valance.

I know of at least one member on here who runs this setup. Anyone else run this? Any issues?

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there would probably be some kind of issue with exhaust fumes getting into the cabin when the truck is not moving.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there would probably be some kind of issue with exhaust fumes getting into the cabin when the truck is not moving.

Yeah, that's my concern and why I'm hesitant.

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
I cut my resonator off right where it connects. So the tailpipe only shorten up the length of the resonator, so I don't know if that adds to exhaust fumes getting into the cabin? :shrug:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cut my resonator off 6 years ago now and 0 issue with exhaust fumes. I original went with the SLP setup but those are a HUGE pain to keep clean so I took them off.

Scooty

Reaction score
cut my resonator off 6 years ago now and 0 issue with exhaust fumes. I original went with the SLP setup but those are a HUGE pain to keep clean so I took them off.
I was wondering how cutting it off did to the sound?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx @07Burb for your input on the resonator delete and no tips again. The clean look without any tips could be a winner @ubervic

10 minutes, no $$ spent and an instant mod minus that stupid dangling coffee can that changes nothing, but a clean looking side and no worries about getting exhaust on your waffle weave towel when drying. :)

Hmmm...I'm feeling a power tool moment coming soon....

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do et!!! You won't regret it and going forward you'll always be annoyed when you see others driven around town still sporting that ugly POS resonator back there. What an eye sore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons