Replacing seat belts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My front seat belts on my '02 Tahoe are dirty and grimy. I'm replacing the seat covers next week so I'm thinking that would be a good time to replace the seat belts. I'd prefer to replace the whole mechanism, as they definitely don't retract as well as new ones do, but they're still functional. Looks like the OEM part has been discontinued, so it would cost $200 per side to replace.

Anyone know of a cheaper source for replacing the whole mechanism? How about replacing just the belt? I assume I could use about any aftermarket belt+buckle as long as it's possible to take apart the retractor. Anyone done this before?

Thanks for any insight.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My front seat belts on my '02 Tahoe are dirty and grimy. I'm replacing the seat covers next week so I'm thinking that would be a good time to replace the seat belts. I'd prefer to replace the whole mechanism, as they definitely don't retract as well as new ones do, but they're still functional. Looks like the OEM part has been discontinued, so it would cost $200 per side to replace.

Anyone know of a cheaper source for replacing the whole mechanism? How about replacing just the belt? I assume I could use about any aftermarket belt+buckle as long as it's possible to take apart the retractor. Anyone done this before?

Thanks for any insight.

@Fosscore put a little elbow grease in a bucket and his came out pretty good...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check rockauto, at any rate I was going to do mine on my old nbs and said f'it after I saw how much working it was going to be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys