Replacing lower control arms.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a bit of a dilemma here. Yesterday Amazon sent me an ACDelco Professional lower control arm instead of the upper control arm I ordered. I only paid $35 for it open box! Incidentally the lower control arm is worth 4 times that much. So...yeah dilemma. Thought of returning it for an exchange..but then I thought why? It's their mess-up.

So from a lucrative standpoint THE question I have is should I sell it on ebay or craigslist and profit or should I just keep going and replace both lower and upper control arms seeing how I am fortunately ahead pricewise. My Tahoe has 165,000 on it so any recommendations would be great. I don't notice any obvious noisy suspension issues but I do notice that it has become rougher over the past year.

Last edited:

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At that mileage, I'd keep it and plan to buy whatever else necessary to replace both upper and lower control arms at once.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a win on both fronts. Good part at a reduced price and the opportunity to just upgrade both while you are at it and still be close to or less than what you would have spent on the one component. Any new parts, especially with mileage increasing, can only be beneficial.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For one thing, why are you replacing the upper control arms? Most of the time these are replaced in order to replace worn ball joints. If that's the case then you should replace the lower control arms or ball joints at the same time.

OP
OP
Matahoe

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I am doing is collecting all the parts as I find good deals. I wasn't going to put it on just by itself. The control arm ball joints and bushings don't seem to be worn much on either side.

At the moment my main concern is getting my steering and handling sorted out which basically means all new related stuff without going crazy. It's just going to take a bit of time until I procure all the required parts. Hopefully it wont take more than a month. I'm just looking for deals now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne