Replacement of 22-inch wheels in 2016 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWBGMC

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon Denali with 22-inch wheels. The wheels transmit every bump in the road into the rider's experience. Would replacing the 22-inch wheels with smaller wheels improve the ride? The vehicle has magnetic ride control, but the vehicle still bounces when it goes over bumps. Folks in the third seat experience the worst bouncing.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely, so how much you want for those 22's?

X2

The more rubber between the road and rim, the softer it will be. Conversely, you will lose some "handling" as the tires (sidewalls) flex more through the turns. Probably not enough to worry about though.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon Denali with 22-inch wheels. The wheels transmit every bump in the road into the rider's experience. Would replacing the 22-inch wheels with smaller wheels improve the ride? The vehicle has magnetic ride control, but the vehicle still bounces when it goes over bumps. Folks in the third seat experience the worst bouncing.

The solid rear axel doesn't help, but i guess there isn't much we can do about that.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the 20 inch Denali wheels on my 16' Yukon Denali. Looking to trade?

brknhal0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I Have the 22's on my 15 Tahoe and was thinking about looking at some 20's so I can put the KO2's on. Any pics of your 20's?

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
You may have too high of expectations of the Magnetic Ride Control or some other issue going on. My 16 Tahoe LTZ on 22's rides like a dream both before and after lowering it. Same as my 15 Silverado did on both 20s and 22s. I think before you blame the 22s you should go to a dealer and drive something with 18s or 20s and then drive the same vehicle you own, see if it rides the same as yours.

ajw78759

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had experienced less than stellar ride quality on my 2016 yukon denali with the 22's. I thought of downsizing to 20's. When stock tires wore out, I replaced them with Michelin premier LTX. RIDE IS now NICE even on the same 22's.

Mothnuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve been debating going from the 20” to the 22” on our ‘17 Tahoe Premier, but am concerned about the ride quality vs looks trade-off. I wanted the 22’s when we bought it, but the local dealer had one with everything we wanted but the wheels and the price was right, so here I am. I planned to test drive one with 22’s before buying, but I’ve also wondered how much the tire would make a difference. Maybe a 22” with Michelin’s would ride as good as a 20” with the stock Continentals? According to Tire Rack the Continentals are rated very good, but I’ve always been a Michelin fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts