Replacement cats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Our06hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm going to pull the "tax refund superstar". I was planning on doing a Texas speed cam and Ls7 lifters then tune it. After floating around checking out different post on here I realized that my cats might be bad. What do you recommend for hi flow cats?

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our GM's can be temperamental with high flow cats. I would not go under 400 cell count, anything less will not have enough of the precious metals to keep the CEL off. That is unless you plan on tuning it, then you could run a lower cell count.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Get some headers like American Racing and either choose the catted y section or go straight pipe. I have my rear 02 deleted

IMG_7484.JPG

IMG_7485.JPG

IMG_7487.JPG

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you live where there isnt emissions testing... Long tubes and catless Y-pipe with a tune will wake her up.

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you live where there isnt emissions testing... Long tubes and catless Y-pipe with a tune will wake her up.

It won't be long before everywhere will have emissions testing. Sadly, it will be as strict as CARB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518