Replacement Carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who has replaced their carpet? My dash is peeling and is black underneath the tan paint. Planning to peel the rest off and replace my carpet with black carpet. I'm also going to try and make it quieter on the inside. Who has done what and how did it work out?

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who has replaced their carpet? My dash is peeling and is black underneath the tan paint. Planning to peel the rest off and replace my carpet with black carpet. I'm also going to try and make it quieter on the inside. Who has done what and how did it work out?

I'm currently doing everything you talking about now. First off the dash pad comes off very easy more than likely all ur tabs along the windshield will be broken and will need to be epoxy back in place. Take the dash to the car wash and spary it down to the black abs plastic the paint will come off in sheets. Repaint with sem paint and adhesion promoter. Far as carpert go to www.stockinteriors.com that pretty much were everyone gets aftermarket carpet. I personally got the ultra plush carpet upgrade and mass backing I'd get this regardless just for the extra sound deadening. I'm going to start my own trend in the under construction soon with pics of everything I've done so far.

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Far as sound deadening I'm using dynamat extreme, dynapad and dynaliner this probably lead to a debate because everyone has there own opinions far as sound deadening but I've used it for years and used it when being a custom installer was my day job and it never let me down. I'm doing complete coverage of the interior top to bottom.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as sound deadening I agree with mbp on Dynamat. I have not used it personally, but every post I read about sound deadening it typically references to Dynamat. Once I get to the point I want deadening that is what I will go with.

OP
OP
B

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently doing everything you talking about now. First off the dash pad comes off very easy more than likely all ur tabs along the windshield will be broken and will need to be epoxy back in place. Take the dash to the car wash and spary it down to the black abs plastic the paint will come off in sheets. Repaint with sem paint and adhesion promoter. Far as carpert go to www.stockinteriors.com that pretty much were everyone gets aftermarket carpet. I personally got the ultra plush carpet upgrade and mass backing I'd get this regardless just for the extra sound deadening. I'm going to start my own trend in the under construction soon with pics of everything I've done so far.

Thanks! This is next on my list. I'll be doing bushings in a few weeks than this. I like to be thinking about the next thing while working on one lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC