Replacement carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

osukellen

Reaction score
Thanks guys...
Ya not too many tools, like Atomic said, screwdrivers (helps to have a cordless), torx bits, scissors, knife, beer, not any special tools or anything though. It is a fairly easy job, but have to have some patience.

Ya, I ripped everything that was in there out, it was in pretty rough shape. I laid down some extra carpet insulation down though.

Like I said before, I wasn't looking to spend alot of money on something "plush". I wanted something functional that was a decent quality for a decent price, but won't have to take my shoes off when driving for fear of getting it dirty. If I wanted plush I wouldn't have bought a 10 year old vehicle. Sometimes spending a little LESS and doing it yourself goes a long way.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
img00094200912241513.jpg

well my floor mat's cover the carpet... But its black and by golly you know it looks damn good!

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks...it only cost $200 total for everything. I took out all the plastic inside and gave them a bath, so it came out looking pretty clean.

As far as looking for something more plush, I don't live in it, so I didn't see the point in spending $800 on carpet. Thanks for the input though.

$200? The price I just looked at from acc carpets is like 350... Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking?

ZeroCool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice! This is a sweet forum. You peeps save me a lot of money and time...

Thanks!

atxballer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got it done today! Looks pretty good

Hey bro! Greetings from Austin, TX as well. How was the overall new carpet install? I'm looking at replacing the carpet on my 2 door.

Did you order your kit from accmats.com and did the kit come with the rear/hatch carpet as well? Sorry for all the questions I'm really looking forward to doing this! Thanks again for your help!

bowtieman55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
back from the dead lol...

@osukellen
What company did you end up using for replacement carpet? It's time for me to replace those in my '97, and $200 sounds great along with the good looking install you did. Thanks.

Last edited:

96redsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I guess while we're on the subject what is the correct color of gray (grey) to order to match the original color? I seen like 5 different shades and not sure which one but I got it narrowed down to 2...

Carlito77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice and clean, what is the link again, when you click it will send you to a Bad Request blank page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout