Replacement Bulbs for H11s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z71Jack

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on the mod, please?

Yes, in order to make the H9 bulb fit the H11 plug and mount you have to use a Dremel on two spots: (1) remove a plastic tab inside the plug and (2) remove a small amount around the outside bezel of the bulb. There are few videos on YouTube if you do a quick search on "H9 to H11 conversion". It's really easy. The very first time it took me about 5 minutes per bulb. Plugged them in and they work perfectly. Been running them for 3 weeks now.

The H9s put out 800 lumens more per bulb over an H11. You can see the difference. But it's still a halogen bulb. So don't expect to be blown away. But for $8 per bulb it's an easy mod. The OEM wiring harness has no issues handle 65w bulbs since the 9005s are 65w. So no wiring harness or fuse concerns.

I might go with an HID kit somewhere down the road, but it's not a priority at the moment. I haven't done my research yet and want to avoid any cheap Chinese junk than many are selling. To be continued...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018