Repairing / replacing rear body panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xjsc16x

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2002 Tahoe I bought a couple months ago for pretty cheap. I've been replacing and upgrading things here and there to make it better, but there is some body work that needs to be addressed before I can start dreaming about anything else I want to do to it.

The side panel on the driver's rear side has been scraped up by the previous owner. The damage isn't crazy, but I know nothing about body work and think this could be a good opportunity for me to get some experience.

Here's a picture of it. What is that panel called? Quarter panel?

received_1653983384652948.jpeg

My question is can I replace this whole panel as 1 piece or am I going to have to get a replacement skin and patch it in. Or how difficult would it be to repair the scratches with bondo and paint?

Thanks, Justin

Last edited:

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Get us a picture of your vehicle, most likely if it's just scraped you could use some body filler and paint. go to a body shop and get an estimate, that will tell you what needs to be repaired or replaced. if they list a quarter panel in the parts, there's your answer.

OP
OP
xjsc16x

xjsc16x

Reaction score
Get us a picture of your vehicle, most likely if it's just scraped you could use some body filler and paint. go to a body shop and get an estimate, that will tell you what needs to be repaired or replaced. if they list a quarter panel in the parts, there's your answer.

Edited original post with picture, got the GF to snap one while she was on break.

It's really not that bad on the top part but the bottom is a bit dented

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would actually contact a good paintless dent repair guy for that. After the dents have been fixed you simply repaint that section. I would not put the money or effort into replacing the quarter panel!

OP
OP
xjsc16x

xjsc16x

Reaction score
I would actually contact a good paintless dent repair guy for that. After the dents have been fixed you simply repaint that section. I would not put the money or effort into replacing the quarter panel!

Like I said I've never done anything body work so I wasn't too sure if it was even repairable but definitely think I'll see if I can get a quote or two before I attempt to tackle it myself.

Thanks for the input guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts