Removing ECU from 08 Yukon Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddie08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought a 08 Yukon Hybrid and I want to pull the ECU so I can get it programmed to disable the AFM. I think I see it by the battery under a smaller fuse block. Is there an easy way to remove it? I have checked the internet and haven't found a definitive answer whether to remove the small fuse box or how to take it out. I usually would take my time and figure it out but it is freezing outside. Any help would be appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you don't have to do all that, just buy a hypertech or anything comparable and disable it with a tuner, it's a permanent software disable unless you put it back to stock.

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would strongly caution you and advise against making AFM modifications to the hybrid setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

Eddie08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just in case anyone comes looking the hybrid use a E67 ecm module (three plugs). It is under the small fuse box next to the battery. You must pop the top of the small fusebox off then take off three screws that hold on the bottom half of the fuse box. Then you have to push on the top two tabs to release the ECM. The wires are to short to release the three plugs from up top so I will probably have to do it from under the car.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thought about plugging in my Hypertech and giving it a try, just to see but I am a bit leery of making any changes that could possibly require a trip to the dealership to reset the Hybrid control system? The dang thing is just running so smoothly that I do not want to take any chances. With a report that someone else has done this successfully without flubbing something in the system up would probably trigger a Hypertech test TODAY LOL. I would not want to mess up this pretty Hybrid screen (pic below)
So Mr eddie08 (OP) how did everything work out for you on the AFM delete??
IMG_6752.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33