Removed Running Boards and Chrome Fender Accents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pflan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a quick picture (first is from when I bought it, and second is from yesterday) of my '95 OBS after removing the OEM running boards and chrome fender accents.

Also now has wheels off an '05 Z71 Suburban on Goodyear Wranglers.

Getting pretty close to where I want it now - Want some aftermarket wheels and some beefier tires and I'll be happy.

Tahoe_zps4jbk1y1r.jpg

Tahoe%20pic_zps17wfwpqu.jpg

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks really good. Change up the look nicely IMO.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The little changes make the biggest changes sometimes. Like the Z71 wheels for now.

Thx re: the 06. :waytogo:

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SOOOO much better! Looks great the way it is now. Not sure what else you have planned. Personally, I would remove the moldings on the side, and swap over to smoothie bumpers. The moldings look good when they're in good shape. Once they get old, fade, and the coating over the chrome lifts and mold grows behind them, I would rather remove them all together, than replace them. My 2 door once had them. Truck was repainted before I got a hold of it, so all of the moldings are gone, except for the ones on the bumpers. Gotta get my smoothies!

KenpoFish

Reaction score
Hmmm....gives me ideas. My Hoe is same color as yours. Looks great, diggin the rims too.

Nightflyer

Reaction score
SOOOO much better! Looks great the way it is now. Not sure what else you have planned. Personally, I would remove the moldings on the side, and swap over to smoothie bumpers. The moldings look good when they're in good shape. Once they get old, fade, and the coating over the chrome lifts and mold grows behind them, I would rather remove them all together, than replace them. My 2 door once had them. Truck was repainted before I got a hold of it, so all of the moldings are gone, except for the ones on the bumpers. Gotta get my smoothies!

How can i remove these moldings? i would like to install some sidemarkers...;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne