Refresh my suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2003 suburban lt 4wd, we have decided to keep it instead of trading for a newer one so it's time to do some much need improvements. Problem is I need some help. She's got 165,000 miles on it. The guy I bought it from took the air ride out and said he put 3/4 springs in the back....I know the air ride is gone but not sure about the springs. It's going in the shop Friday to get manifold gasket replaced and transmission looked at and then I'm going to start doing some updates

I play to put lift keys up front and z71 springs in the back with bilstiens 5100 all the way around. Now what else should I do?

Is there sway Bar upgrades?
Should I replace ball joints?
Tie rods?

Looking for suggestions. I want it to ride nice again as it jumps around now at every crack is the road

Not sure what tire size I'll be going with yet but I think I'm going to get some 07+ 20 inch wheels

OP
OP
C

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read to use 3 inch extended links for a jeep in the rear. Will those work for my setup? Think I'm just running z71 springs. Really looking to only get 2 inches out of the back and 3ish in the front to get it level

OP
OP
C

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The control arms in Amazon come with ball joints installed, are they good or should they be replaced with something better?

Does anyone have a link for sway Bar ends?

I've also read guys having to much angle on the control arms, is there a way to fix this?

huffster329

Reaction score
The control arms in Amazon come with ball joints installed, are they good or should they be replaced with something better?

Does anyone have a link for sway Bar ends?

I've also read guys having to much angle on the control arms, is there a way to fix this?

MOOG MOOG MOOG

Worth the money.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a big favor. If you're set on shopping online, don't rely on Amazon alone. I'd rely on RockAuto.com...and find available discount codes in the Vendor section on here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had the mechanic run through my suburban, replaced the exhaust manifold. Said the suspension was all fine. Now need to find someone to help me cut out this rust