Reduced Fuel economy no SES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason I have lost fuel economy, I keep detailed logs of mpg, date, temp for times just like this.

When I first got my 2007 Tahoe LTZ in 2014 getting 17/18 mpg in the summer, and 15/16 in the winter was never much of a problem. Now I am struggling to even get 15mpg it seems.

My driving habits have not changed, my work has not changed. I have a few ideas, my first was possibly a clogged Catalytic convertor, my dad thought maybe the O2 Sensors.

Anyone have any ideas. I know that the cold makes the MPG drop.

John

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd probably get a CEL if it was a bad cat or O2 sensors. In all likelihood it's the gas stations switching to their 'winter' blends. Check your tire pressure too and make sure it's the recommended pressure.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plugs wires and fluids? My mileage is not so great either but the motor runs like a top. Occasionally it'll throw a code for a bad cat but once cleared goes away for a while. Some folks say to change the upper O2 sensors every 100k whether they need it or not. I can only relate in that replacing the old 1 wire sensors did improve performance when we put fresh ones in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne