Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the factory air filter housing today (thanks @67RS427) and it had a couple cracks around the screwholes that hold the 2 halves together so I mixed up some Fusor panel adhesive epoxy and fixed them, then cleaned and painted it with Krylon Fusion satin black. I need another sticker that fits just right in the left over space from where the 2007 CARB label was. Fitted it with the S&B oiled filter included with the Whipple and it's ready to go!

IMG_6305.JPG

IMG_6306.JPG

IMG_6308.JPG

IMG_6309.JPG

IMG_6310.JPG

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I have also repainted almost all the entire console, as well as the dash and surrounding areas. Here's some before pictures of the dash.

View attachment 65562

View attachment 65563

View attachment 65564

View attachment 65565

View attachment 65566

Hey man if you don't mind, what all was your process for everything? I want to do the same thing, repaint it and retain the texture.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's all detailed in the thread isn't it? I know I talked about removing all the paint on the dash with denatured alcohol and Scotch Brite pads then used SEM adhesion promoter and sprayed with SEM paint and clear. The stuff that wasn't peeling I just cleaned with Dawn dish soap and Scotch Brite pads and followed the same process as the stripped parts.