Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I did the Big 3 last week but didn't really take pictures of the whole process, just these shots of the wire and connections I used. I used 1/0 welding wire and tinned copper lugs. For crimping I went to Harbor Freight and bought their hydraulic crimp tool, then after using it to crimp the few connectors I needed, I returned it. Worked great!

View attachment 77430

View attachment 77431

Did you use a certain write up or how to for this one? What wire did you use / where did you buy supplies?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you use a certain write up or how to for this one? What wire did you use / where did you buy supplies?
I just did a Google search for the how-to on a Big 3 upgrade an a Tahoe/Yukon. I bought 10' of 1/0 welding wire and tinned copper lugs off Amazon. I think @TheAutumnWind was the one who provided the supplies info.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016HFDF1W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008D54R4O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is helpful

I ran shorter ones. Posted about it recently:
FYI I had to cut off the bolt on the bottom of these, but then they fit right in just like stockers.
I think the z71's are a touch stiffer then the other ones that look like a beehive.

I know your not lowered but...

I ran these when I was lowered ~1.5" with a crank and they were perfect:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EP2OD4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

worn stockers vs those.
rSW3lVL.jpg
YtCZJHx.jpg

This is helpful

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I wired the AEM Wideband I was reading the instructions and saw that it has a cool feature I wasn't aware of- a built-in in data logger. It also has a 5v output to connect to an external data logger, which I knew about. I'm still researching how to hook that up to the input to the ECM that is currently being used by the EGR which will be deleted when I install the Whipple, so I can data log through my Autocal and incorporate the AFR / boost data into a log file I can send to BBP in order to tune. But back to the internal logger: it records 2 1/2 hours of data and loops so the latest 2 1/2 hours are available for download to my PC through the USB cable. Oh yeah, I bought a great little Dell laptop with Windows 7 for $65 shipped the other day. So when I was wiring the AEM I decided to hook up the optional wire to the tach so RPMs would be included in the log and I could see boost and AFR in relation to RPM. I looked through my wiring diagrams and saw there was a white tach wire going to the instrument cluster so I decided to give it a try. The instructions said it needed to be a square wave signal but I could only hope since I no longer own an oscilloscope. First it didn't work, and AEM was no help. Then I was messing around with the configuration in the laptop and set the pulse per revolution to 2 and boom! It works. That might be helpful to someone, who knows. Anyway, now I'll have some real useful data that I can analyze if I ever get this done lol.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take care of it. Sorry my 2 posts towards him cluttered up your 37 page build thread.
Sorry just that you were also posting the same question in my PM box and another thread to boot, didn't mean to offend. I couldn't post pics in the PM btw.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry just that you were also posting the same question in my PM box and another thread to boot, didn't mean to offend. I couldn't post pics in the PM btw.
I do appreciate your help very much and I was just trying to get much info as I can before I order new stops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts