Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then I decided to wash, clay bar, and wax with Tri Nova's Liquid Carnuba Wax. It really made it shine. I didn't get too much gunk off with the clay bar but that's probably because I've had so much paint work done and I think the body shop buffed the entire truck last year. Then while I was doing that, my AC belt tensioner showed up so I installed that. The old one was about half as strong as the new one. That should do it as far as belts since the AC belt, serpentine belt, and main tensioner are all new now as well.

IMG_6722.JPG

IMG_6723.JPG

IMG_6724.JPG

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never gets old seeing this sweet Denali. So much effort, sweat and accomplishment. Hats of to you man.

Look forward to hearing that cam lope along with the SC hopefully.

Just love the beastly power of this machine and it looks so good too.

Leaving people in the rear view has got to be the biggest rush when they realize the land yacht blew their doors off. Lol

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never gets old seeing this sweet Denali. So much effort, sweat and accomplishment. Hats of to you man.

Look forward to hearing that cam lope along with the SC hopefully.

Just love the beastly power of this machine and it looks so good too.

Leaving people in the rear view has got to be the biggest rush when they realize the land yacht blew their doors off. Lol
So a week and a half ago I went to a shop for an estimate to install the cam, oil pump and timing chain. It was a shop that advertised performance upgrades and supposedly had their own dyno. Dude took my number and said he'd call with a price in a day or two. He never called so yesterday I called him and the a-hole said he'd "guess $1500-$1600 since it had a supercharger" even though I'd explained there's 2-3 ways to do the cam without pulling it. Not sure why he mentioned the SC except there is the intercooler to remove which takes 10 minutes. Plus he said he had no idea when he could get to it. So I guess he just didn't want to do it. Yesterday I went to a little shop that I've dealt with in the past and the owner actually wanted to see the blower and was interested in the beast. He said he'd be happy to work up an estimate with just doing the cam or with the cam and chain and oil pump. I think I'll be able to work with him , maybe do a little of it myself. Plus I just sold one of my Harley's yesterday so I have cash! It's taking forever to get my headers too. They said 7-10 business days and that time's about up.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got a UPS notice- my headers will be here tomorrow! And I just got back from Harbor Freight with a new 3 ton low-profile floor jack that was on sale for $80, and a set of 3 ton jack stands to replace my old stuff. My other floor jack was a 1.5 ton aluminum one that worked OK for smaller jobs but was always weak and too short for the Denali. I would have to add 3 2x's on top and even then it would lift the truck just far enough to pull a wheel, plus it was maxed out on weight. Now this one lifts the wheel 3-4" off the ground without any 2x's needed. So much better!

IMG_6725.JPG

IMG_6726.JPG

IMG_6727.JPG

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same jack, 4 ton model, just used it to do my oil change yesterday. No complaints as of yet

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I just got a UPS notice- my headers will be here tomorrow! And I just got back from Harbor Freight with a new 3 ton low-profile floor jack that was on sale for $80, and a set of 3 ton jack stands to replace my old stuff. My other floor jack was a 1.5 ton aluminum one that worked OK for smaller jobs but was always weak and too short for the Denali. I would have to add 3 2x's on top and even then it would lift the truck just far enough to pull a wheel, plus it was maxed out on weight. Now this one lifts the wheel 3-4" off the ground without any 2x's needed. So much better!

View attachment 85319

View attachment 85320

View attachment 85321

Same jack here. Love it. I had a coupon before for the 6 ton stands for $30, so I got those for fun.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X3 on that jack I've got the same one had it for 2 years no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The headers came in today. Now I'm wondering if I should leave my AFR sensor like it is now- downstream of the cat on bank 1 with the downstream sensors tuned out. I feel like it's not very accurate but if I add a bung upstream on bank 1 then either I need to buy and install new downstream sensors and have them turned on in the tune or plug them. I have the plugs on hand. Any opinions?

IMG_6769.JPG

IMG_6770.JPG

IMG_6771.JPG