Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Laminex is only on the fog lights so they match the headlights. The headlights are smoked.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Laminex is only on the fog lights so they match the headlights. The headlights are smoked.
Oh, sorry thought you did your headlights i was reading quick... anyway, the fogs holding up fine? They are a little bit more sheltered than headlights so i assume they're good

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're holding up fine,even with all the gravel we had on our roads this past winter.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed NGK TR6's today and so far it starts right up, no cranking for a few seconds. I think the TR7's were too cold. Also got my Comp Cams rocker arm trunion upgrade kit yesterday. It's kinda cool that the LS engines can be upgraded this cheap- it used to be that you'd have to install all new roller rockers in order to upgrade the trunions.

IMG_6637.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also got the parts in to build my own braided stainless and Kevlar fuel hose for connecting under the hood from the OE fuel supply line to the fuel rails. I'm guessing that since the Whipple kit was made for an 03, the fuel line was too short. I had it looped over the top of the blower so it didn't kink. I bought all the parts online to make a new line that I cut to length. It allows it to come around the front of the engine so it enters the OE line in the same orientation as originally, from the front on the driver side. The Whipple connects on the passenger side fuel rail, and the OE connected on the driver side. Plus it looks way cooler than rubber one the one they supplied.

IMG_6638.JPG

IMG_6639.JPG

IMG_6640.JPG

IMG_6641.JPG

IMG_6642.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive seen some cams in my day but that's one hell of a good looking cam ya got there red.... lol....seriously, good luck, looks good dude

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu