reconnect puddle lights w/viper alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a viper alarm installed and it is programmed to turn on the interior lights, the viper alarm does not light the puddle lights, I have already installed interior led's for the foot area (under dash) and I am asking if anyone knows where the (interior) wires are to the puddle lights location/wire color(s) (left & right) so I can patch them in as well. thanks ahead of time if anyone can share this info.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feel like nbs were orange black, like domes, but i could be wrong and would nnbs change colors? I dont know

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya I was reading orange/white with some pickups but no leads as to where the wires are, I mean I know they can be located near the doors behind the kick panels but I would think both would interface somewhere? I was reading a old thread and someone mentioned a ground trigger? anyway just trying to save time instead of searching 500 possibly unrelated wiring diagrams online, lol

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ORANGE/BLACK but where the heck are these on the inside and where do they converge?

PUDDLE.JPG

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well had the kick panel off today and there is no wire that relates to the puddle light from the inside, which means it is probably on a serial data bus and I will have to run a wire pretty much directly to the puddle light and thru the door boot and these door panels have never been off yet so this will probably go on hold until I have a reason to take the door panels off :( or if I just get a wild hair up my butt, lol

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well had the kick panel off today and there is no wire that relates to the puddle light from the inside, which means it is probably on a serial data bus and I will have to run a wire pretty much directly to the puddle light and thru the door boot and these door panels have never been off yet so this will probably go on hold until I have a reason to take the door panels off :( or if I just get a wild hair up my butt, lol
That blows, what runs through the rubber boot? Serial cable?

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That blows, what runs through the rubber boot? Serial cable?
there is about 7 or 8 wires one is a big ground wire, the rest either have constant power or very low power, none that kick on and off with the puddle light. which means it must run off the door switch interface via serial bus or something of that nature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs