Reconfiguring Instrument cluster with Tech2 and TIS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
if you get something figured out please let me know! Dealership couldn’t program my cluster and I’m sincerely irritated that their damn expensive computers and software couldn’t make t happen. I just wasted $250.... stupid stealership...

Did you pay 250 for them to tell you they couldn't do it?!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you pay 250 for them to tell you they couldn't do it?!
I had no choice. They got elbows deep in “programming it” only for their “super expensive best of the best computer tools and software” to tell them the odometer on the new cluster couldn’t be rolled back. I think they’re full of BS and hoping someone has a way around that. I know that on a cluster with a new computer screen, or whatever it’s called where the odometer reading shows up, when it reads 0, than it can be changed. So I will put in a call to didgital dash solutions and see if maybe they can help on that part if no one else has a way to do it without the dealerships computers scan tools. Fingers crossed.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I had no choice. They got elbows deep in “programming it” only for their “super expensive best of the best computer tools and software” to tell them the odometer on the new cluster couldn’t be rolled back. I think they’re full of BS and hoping someone has a way around that. I know that on a cluster with a new computer screen, or whatever it’s called where the odometer reading shows up, when it reads 0, than it can be changed. So I will put in a call to didgital dash solutions and see if maybe they can help on that part if no one else has a way to do it without the dealerships computers scan tools. Fingers crossed.

Full blown bs. Digital dash solutions can absolutely do it.

dszx13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you get something figured out please let me know! Dealership couldn’t program my cluster and I’m sincerely irritated that their damn expensive computers and software couldn’t make t happen. I just wasted $250.... stupid stealership...
I work at a dealership lol. I've reprogrammed mileage so I know it can be done lol. Just have to know what you are doing lmao. Hate that for you though

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full blown bs. Digital dash solutions can absolutely do it.
only problem with that is then my truck has to sit and can’t be driven while I send them my cluster and have mileage done, and the cluster gets back to me. Seeing how my Denali is my only vehicle and it’s my work vehicle that absolutely isn’t an option. I can’t not drive it. So mileage won’t be accurate.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
only problem with that is then my truck has to sit and can’t be driven while I send them my cluster and have mileage done, and the cluster gets back to me. Seeing how my Denali is my only vehicle and it’s my work vehicle that absolutely isn’t an option. I can’t not drive it. So mileage won’t be accurate.

You can drive it without the cluster. They turn then around FAST. You can't put on enough miles to make a difference.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can drive it without the cluster. They turn then around FAST. You can't put on enough miles to make a difference.
I drive sometimes 50 miles a day back and forth between detail jobs. So in the space of a week they would have my cluster and waiting for it to be shipped back to me and re installed, which it’s exactly what it wold take because I’m in Southern California and they are all the way in Connecticut, I could have a couple hundred miles on my truck by the time the cluster gets back. In which case the mileage won’t be accurate.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I drive sometimes 50 miles a day back and forth between detail jobs. So in the space of a week they would have my cluster and waiting for it to be shipped back to me and re installed, which it’s exactly what it wold take because I’m in Southern California and they are all the way in Connecticut, I could have a couple hundred miles on my truck by the time the cluster gets back. In which case the mileage won’t be accurate.

Have them pad it a bit?